how can you equate racism and sexism to eating meat? Animals are not humans. They are not intelligent, they do not have a society, so how is eating meat just as bad as treating people of your own species below their basic human rights? More so, how could there be such a thing as "animal rights"? Animals don't have rights. They aren't a civilized society. Animals are not equal to us. If you do not want to eat animals, that's fine. But do not compare humans to animals, it does not make sense.
It doesn’t make sense to exploit and kill billions at the cost of your own health and the health of your planet. But you’re 100% fine with that.
Everyone should have the basic right to live. Live free. Live without pain of death. Live without oppression and fear.
As long as people are out there destroying lives, destroying the planet and taking everyone down with them, I’m going to speak out against it. If I have to share a planet with slavers and killers, I’m going to be angry.
You have the exact same attitude that colonists have of “uncivilized” cultures they conquered because they declared the natives sub-human or not human at all. You have the same sickness inside you that allows you to torture, enslave and kill without guilt based on how “superior” you are.
If you don’t like being reminded that you are part of the problem take it out on yourself, not the person shedding light on it.
You’re a strong case against the argument that animals are not as intelligent as us. We are all animals.
She’s in my coffee shop, wearing her Ivy League sweater and floral print tights, writing a story on her laptop, occasionally brushing her dark hair away from her dark eyes. I’ve never seen this girl in my life. She slowly moves her lips, quietly chewing on the words she…
1. Cut your hair every now and then. Fresh starts are always nicer than you think. Who needs split ends anyways.
2. Pick a song you really like. Listen to that song a lot. And I mean a lot. Dance around your room naked to that song, beat the song lifeless till it annoys the hell out of you. Then pick a new song and go through the same process. We all need to really hear music, we need to understand what the song we are listening to is really about.
3. Paint your toes black, make it as perfect as possible. Then, scratch it off. Remember nothing is permanent.
4. Go on a run with your dog. Try to race him and beat him. Realize you can out run many things. Then go back and pet your dog, realize that some things you need to go back for.
5. Decorate a plain backpack. Glue on sparkles, glitter, diamonds, newspaper and magazine clippings, lace & ribbon, anything else that may fancy you. Remember, you don’t have to be the same person you were a minute ago.
6. Buy some pretty lights and string them up in your room. Turn off all the lights except for one when you go to bed. Remember it isn’t always dark and lonely. Change your perspective.
7. Lay outside one night. Breathe in breathe out. Accept that you are only one person and cannot do everything at one time. You can take your time. The creator of the stars you’re looking up at did not do it all in one day. Pace yourself.
8. Get up every morning and stand in front of the mirror. Naked, fully clothed, backwards, upside down, who cares how, just do it. Observe yourself. Notice the wrinkles under your eyes from laughing a lot. Count your freckles. Admire your ass. Then name 3 things you love about yourself. You need to love yourself.
”—Tips from Blossite on how to be okay with yourself. - blossite (via perfect)